Financial Times - Middle East Homepage

Friday, November 6, 2009

AMAN - Dubai Islamic Insurance & Reinsurance Company visit



Yesterday, 5th of November 2009 me and my group visited one of most well known insurance companies in UAE.

We arranged for this interview because we had a project in Marketing Financial Services course. We met their with Mr. Rashid Al Meeza, Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Ali El Ostah, Manager-Commercial Dept. During the interview every student should focus on a particular aspect of the 8P's of the marketing mix.

I was responsible to prepare and ask the questions related to the product. AMAN has many insurance products, but we chose one product, fire insurance.
The reason was recently many warehouses, factories and stores were burned so this had a big effect on the insurance companies due to large compensates. For individuals in UAE many of them aren't aware of the benefit if purchasing a fire insurance so we decided to take this product.

The two men were so kind and helping us too much. They answered our questions with long answers. what's more, they had many discussions with us to enhance the understanding of the answers.

What was most interesting, when I asked about the brand name AMAN and how does it influenced people's reliability and loyalty and the logo and it's colors here stopped me Mr. Rashid and asked me and the other group members
about the logo what should they change to make it better. We all had a silent moment and then start discussing and coming up with the ideas.

Fortunately, our answers were close the his ideas and then he told us that the company all ready went through the process of changing the logo with the same ideas which meant that thanks god we were good enough to impress the D.C.P.O !!

All in all, this was a very useful experience and I enjoyed it very much :)



Managing Director – CEO
Mr. Husein Mohammed Salem Mohammed Al Meeza

1 comment:

  1. I just see the post i am so happy the post of information's.So I have really enjoyed and reading your blogs for these posts.Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Insurance Companies in Dubai

    ReplyDelete